At Avaddor Swimwear we are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of our clients. We take responsibility for complying with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which applies from 25 May 2018.
For any questions that may not be answered here, you can contact us at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
What personal data we collect and why
We collect your personal data when you place an order, return an order, call our Customer Care team, sign up for our marketing communications, sign up to create an account, browse our website or use the other services offered by our website (www.avaddor.com). The data we collect includes details you provide to us, such as your given name and surname and your shipping and billing addresses. We also collect data regarding your shopping habits and the pages and products you have viewed from your use of the website.
If you provide us with someone else’s data – for example, if you purchase a product to be delivered to a friend or as a gift – we will collect and process the personal data required to complete the transaction such as the name, delivery address and other contact details for your friend. If you are receiving an item as a gift, we will process your data only to fulfill the gift request and our contractual obligations.
We use this data to:
- Take your orders, process your payments and deliver the items you have purchased;
- Process an exchange, return or reclamation of an order;
- Provide any additional services you have requested, such as our marketing communications;
- Give you access to services reserved for registered users, such as wish lists;
- Provide you with help and assistance via our Customer Care team, including contacting you about the delivery/collection of your order/return;
- Personalize your visit to the website and ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and the device you are viewing from.
- Avaddor.com does NOT receive, process or register ANY of your credit card details and has NO access to this data.
Under the law, we must have a valid legal basis to process your data. In most instances, we will process your data because we have a contract with you e.g. to deliver your purchases or to provide you with other services you have requested. We will also use your personal data to send you sales and marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you if we have your explicit consent for this activity, or if you are an existing customer where we have a legitimate interest in communicating with you. You can opt out of sales and marketing communications from us at any time.
How long we keep your data:
We will not retain your personal data for longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which you provided that personal data, unless the law permits or requires that we retain it for longer. The retention period varies depending on the purpose of the processing.
What personal data we collect
We collect and process only the data that is required to allow us to provide our services to you. We collect the following data when you browse or shop at www.avaddor.com:
- We process the personal data required to complete and ship your purchase, including your name, billing address, delivery address, payment details, mobile number, telephone number and email address. We collect your email address in order to send you confirmation of your order; we collect your telephone number so that we can contact you if there are any issues with the order.
- We collect your email address when you sign up to receive our newsletter/marketing communications.
- If you register for an Avaddor account, we collect your name, email address, country and additional data regarding your marketing preferences.
When you contact our Customer Care team, we may collect additional data to help us resolve any queries relating to your order, delivery, payments, marketing, the website or any other queries.
- We collect and process data about your browsing on www.avaddor.com, including the pages you visit and how you interact with these pages.
- If you are a customer of www.avaddor.com, or if you have given us your consent, we collect and process your personal data for direct marketing activities.
- If you provide us with someone else’s data – for example, if you purchase a product to be delivered to a friend or as a gift, we will collect and process the personal data required to complete the transaction such as the name, delivery address and other contact details for your friend.
If you are receiving an item as a gift, we will process your data only to fulfill the gift request and our contractual obligations.
Who will process your data
Your personal data will be processed by the internal staff of Avaddor.com who are authorized for this processing.
To function properly, we rely on a number of carefully selected third parties to provide us with services and products. We permit these companies to use your personal information only to the extent necessary to provide us with their services and products. Below you can find the types of third parties we use:
- Courier companies, such as DHL and Fan Courier, that we use in order to deliver the products to you and, as such, they need to have access to your order information, including your name and address. These providers have a global outreach, with many local companies that can be engaged depending on your shipping address;
- Payment providers that we use to process your payment information (including your credit/debit card details) so that we can collect payment from you. These are based in the European Union.
- Performance Marketing Providers, Marketing Tools providers, Analytics and search engine providers which are all based in Europe.
- IT/technology providers that we use to support, maintain and provide our technology and IT infrastructure that supports our Website and the storage of your information.
We do not sell or disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
However, we may disclose your personal information to governmental and law enforcement agencies in the defence of legal claims.
We protect your information using measures that reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Under the GDPR Law (General Data Protection Regulation), you have the right to:
- Know what personal data of yours we are processing, where that data came from and how we are using that data
- Request the update and correction of the data we hold about you
- Withdraw consent for processing for a specified purpose
- Request deletion of your data from our systems
- Limit or oppose our processing of your data
- Ask us to supply the personal data we hold about you in an easy readable electronic format, or transfer that data direct to a third party nominated by you
You can exercise these rights at any time by emailing email@example.com